Thursday, October 6, 2011

A bit about Rian...

I am a Salem native and a ture Oregonian.  I spent two years in AmeriCorps, one year in Florida and the next year in Washington.  My year in Florida focused on literacy; I taught/tutored pre-school, elementary and middle school students in a farmworker community.  In Washington I worked in an elementary school as a tutor in grades K-5, I did a lot of math.  I am interested in teaching upper elementary school and middle school health, I enjoy learning about and talking about health realated topics/issues.

In my down time I really enjoy reading and like to read many different genres.  And usually once I start a book, I have to finish it; even if I don't particularly enjoy it.  I love listening to music all the time.  My favorite musical group is the Beatles.  I like many different types of music and am always open to new stuff.  I also like to quilt; a hobby that started in high school when I wanted a new quilt for my bed but I couldn't find any at stores that I liked so I made my own.  If I have time (and when the weather permits), I like to go to the coast and wave jump.  Camping is also an excellent activity in the brief summer months. 

1 comment:

  1. Why is it once we start a book (even though we may not particularly enjoy it) we feel obligated to finish it. If you have the answer, let me know. I was in 7th grade when the Beatles arrived, so naturally they are my favorite. My son is 38, and the Beatles are his favorite, also. Always nice to see another Beatle fan. Timeless!

    ReplyDelete